[squeak-dev] 4.2 code freeze

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 01:53:08 UTC 2010

It's December, and time to consider freezing the 4.2 code base.  If we
can push any final enhancements and image documentation desired for
4.2 in over the next week, we can freeze officially on the 11th.  Is
this ok?

We should begin considering the release-notes.  What is the easiest
way to identify everything that's one into 4.2 since 4.1?

Some of the items listed at the 4.2-release page
(http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6160) are:

  - Integration of Cryptography
  - Documentation
  - Integration of O-Completion

What do we all think about integration of O-Completion?  Levente
already did the work, it makes the IDE that much more useful and
modern and, it can be turned off.  Shall we include that?

What What else do we need to consider for the 4.2 image release?