[squeak-dev] Mantis 5669 for trunk

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 18:26:33 UTC 2010

At 9:13 PM -0500 12/7/10, David T. Lewis apparently wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 03:05:25PM -0700, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>> I'd like to suggest that
>> M5669-Workspace-openFile.2.cs
>>
>> from http://bugs.squeak.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=5669 get pulled into Squeak 4.2.
>>
> > It has changes for Kernel-Models, ST80-Controllers, and Tools-Base.
>> What are the steps necessary to get this changeset applied?
>>
>> Ken G. Brown
>
>Well, basically you would just clean it up and put it in the inbox.
>But that's easy to say; I took a quick look at the change set and
>I suspect that it may require a bit of effort to tidy it up. The
>"bit of a hack" and "odious and may not be airtight" method comments
>by the original author are not particularly confidence-inspiring.
>
>Dave

I was wondering whether it would go into the InBox as a changeset, or whether it should be made into a Monticello Package, or whether it should be split into the several MC Packages for which there are changes in the changeset, ie, Kernel-Models, ST80-Controllers, and Tools-Base, and then the separate MC updates posted to the InBox.

Ken