[squeak-dev] Open Cobalt on Squeak 4.1 is available

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 22:40:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 02:15:56PM +0100, Enrico Spinielli wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
> is there any consensus/conclusion on sticking to Squeak 4.1 or coming 4.2
> as the official base for Cobalt?

Currently, the official base for Cobalt is the unsupported
3.8-derived Croquet Homebase image, although we plan to change
this by mid-january.

I just resumed the port to squeak trunk this past week. It is
tracking the trunk right now, and I don't see any need to use a
stable squeak as base until cobalt itself is stable (which will
be at least another year)

> If so, what's the status? (I have seen krestianstvo SDK but got
> blocked in front of too much russian text/code...)

I just resumed the port. I just released open cobalt 1.0 alpha 4
with squeak trunk as a base today. It is as close to the
official open cobalt 1.0 alpha 4 as possible, sans bugs. I am
working to make squeak trunk ready to be the official base of
OpenCobalt by January:

http://cobalt.cs.duke.edu/pub/1.0-alpha-trunk/opencobalt-1.0alpha4-trunk.zip

For reference, the official current version of cobalt is:

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~jdougan/downloads/1.0alpha/opencobalt-1.0alpha4.zip

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)