[squeak-dev] 4.2 next steps

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:54:15 UTC 2010

We should wrap up on putting new features into the trunk now so we can
focus on applying final fixes and getting 4.2 out the door.

We need volunteers for these items:

[ ] Build a 4.2alpha trunk image, upload to ftp.squeak.org.  We can
work from this base until final release.

[ ] Review and clean the Inbox; merge things that should be, remove
things that shouldn't, leave items that should be left for further
consideration.

[ ] Mantis bugs:  Do we have any bugs on Mantis critical for 4.2?

[ ] Release notes:  Who will put together 4.2 release notes?

[ ] Welcome message and showcase projects?

[ ] Create a 4.2 release repository on source.squeak.org we can use to
backport future fixes.

[ ] Make all tests green.

[ ] Do we need a new ReleaseBuilder method / subclass?  How does
SystemVersion get updated?

[ ] Coordination with the new VM; we just need to make sure any
image-items needed for the new VM's are present.

We can get all of this done in 2010 if we will each volunteer for
something.  Early volunteers get to choose which items they prefer to
work on by stating so here.  :)

 - Chris