[squeak-dev] "welcome" projects for 4.2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:44:45 UTC 2010

On 12/13/10 12:00 AM, "Jecel Assumpcao Jr." <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> Another issue is how much to depend on online operation. In the past I
> have put in a lot of effort making Squeak distributions that would be
> useable to people with a CD drive but not an Internet connection. The
> fraction of our community in that situation has been significantly
> reduced (perhaps to zero?) in the past few years. So one option would be
> to have a single "Worlds of Squeak" project inside the image itself,
> with a bunch of subprojects actually living in
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2/worlds or something like that. Since the
> project needs to download code to show off whatever it is trying to
> demo, then having the project itself unavailable when offline won't be
> too much worse.

But this need people checking all works when we modify other packages.
In particular,  have MorphicWrappers working in last
FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.8.image, but hangs in
FunSqueakCog4.2-10774-alpha i build this morning.

The idea of some like the old Bob SuperSwiki is very good.
We could have the .pr files living in http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2/worlds

Edgar