[squeak-dev] 4.2 next steps

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Dec 13 22:12:09 UTC 2010

Am 13.12.2010 um 22:56 schrieb Levente Uzonyi:
>> Shouldn't we call the following as well?
>> ReleaseBuilderTrunk prepareNewBuild
>
> No, ReleaseBuilder* should be removed from the image IMHO.
There is a lot of cruft there which should be cleaned. Shouldn't the code for creating new trunk images for uploading to ftp.squeak.org be in the trunk image so that everyone can test and do it? Why not?

Where would you keep the code for preparing the release? In a different class or completely outside the trunk?

>> May I suggest that we add the following there before?
>> MCWorkingCopy flushObsoletePackageInfos
>>
>> Bert argued we should do it during the release. See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-November/154868.html
>
> The release is a bit different. In that case we will do
> Smalltalk cleanUp: true.
So you mean, this is not the release yet and therefore it is not done yet? Or should MCWorkingCopy flushObsoletePackageInfos not be done at all in your opinion?

Curiously,
Bernhard