[squeak-dev] Gofer versus Installer was: The Trunk: Morphic-laza.489.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:13:03 UTC 2010

Does Gofer support all legacy formats?  ChangeSets, SqueakMap,
Universes, Monticello, Monticello Configurations?

I have nothing against aesthetics and compactness, but functionality
is a important criteria to me than lines of code.  I want an installer
utility to just work for me, not be a work of art to admire.  :-)

If Gofer only supports a subset of the Installer types, maybe
Installer could be stripped of its functions that overlap with Gofer
and employ Gofer for those parts.  That way, "Installer" can also
support Gofer scripts..?

 - Chris