[squeak-dev] Mouse buttons (was: Browser pane width adjustment)

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 23:49:09 UTC 2010

At 3:02 PM -0800 12/14/10, Bert Freudenberg apparently wrote:
>On 14.12.2010, at 14:53, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>> SqueakMouseCmdButton1			3
>> SqueakMouseCmdButton2			3
>> SqueakMouseCmdButton3			2
>> SqueakMouseControlButton1		1
>> SqueakMouseControlButton2		3
>> SqueakMouseControlButton3		2
>> SqueakMouseNoneButton1			1
>> SqueakMouseNoneButton2			3
>> SqueakMouseNoneButton3			2
>> SqueakMouseOptionButton1		2
>> SqueakMouseOptionButton2		3
>> SqueakMouseOptionButton3		2
>>
>> What does this all mean? Is there somewhere I should be looking?
>
>Ignore the SqueakBrowser* options, they are only used in the web browser plugin.
>
>On the left are the physical buttons:
>Button1 = left
>Button2 = middle
>Button3 = right
>
>On the right are the virtual Squeak buttons:
>1 = red
>2 = yellow
>3 = blue
>
>So as you can see, if no modifiers are pressed, by default the middle and right buttons are swapped so you get red-blue-yellow for left-middle-right click. That's because yellow brings up the menu, blue the halo. Many people prefer to get the menu on right-click so that's why this is swapped from the traditional red-yellow-blue order. But you can adjust this to your liking.
>
>You can also see that cmd-left click gives blue, and option-left click yellow. That lets you emulate the yellow and blue buttons on a one-button mouse. Etc.
>
>- Bert -

Ah, slightly clearer.
However no two press combination of  cntl, option, and cmd clicks and drag down to the right in a Browser bottom pane does not do anything but bring up menus.

In a fresh Squeak4.2-10788
ie in the Browser bottom pane:
1. cntl-leftclick brings up menu called System Browser with 'grab' as the first entry
2. option-leftclick brings up menu with set fonts as first entry
3. cmd-leftclick brings up halos
4. cntl-opt leftclick and drag down to the right does as 1.
5. option-cmd leftclick and drag down to the right does as 2.
6. cntl-cmd leftclick and drag down to the right does as 1.

Must need something turned on.

Ken