[squeak-dev] Mouse buttons (was: Browser pane width adjustment)

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 02:27:59 UTC 2010

At 6:27 PM -0700 12/14/10, Ken G. Brown apparently wrote:
>At 8:09 PM -0500 12/14/10, Chris Cunnington apparently wrote:
>>"Tried this, and it appears that the cntl is being ignored, just get the halos."
>>
>>Did you then move your mouse back and forth, left and right at this point?
>
>Yep, just get the Browser window with halos moving with the mouse.
>

>>Had you gone to SystemPreferences>>Mouse to activate yourself a Secondary Button?
>
>Yes, and it gets thru to the image as cmd-click since by itself, it brings up the halos.
>

>>Stay with the tour, Ken!   :)
>
>Ok, thx, I usually don't give up easily! :)
>It's encouraging that apparently this works somewhere.
>
>Ken
>

>>Chris

Further:

I did HandMorph showEvents: true.

Programmed the Trackpad to send cntl-cmd-click, and I see in the little event window, mouseDown CMD CNTL red.

If I hold cntl and cmd and click, I see mouseDown CMD CNTL red
cmd and click gives mouseDown CMD blue
option-click gives mouseDown yellow
option-cmd click gives mouseDown CMD yellow
cntl-option-cmd click gives mouseDown CMD red
option gives mouseMove and nothing else except numbers change a bit.

If I hold the cmd key, then click I see mouseDown CMD blue and the halos come up, if I put the cntl down while still holding the cmd and mousebutton, the event changes to mouseMove CMD CNTL blue and moving the mouse moves the Browser window.

Does this give anyone some clues as to what is happening?

MacOS X 10.6.5, fresh Squeak 4.2-10788 running on Cog.app 4.0.0

Ken