[squeak-dev] Graph library in Smalltalk - Need for advices

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:13:37 UTC 2010

Hi All (cross-posted squeak and pharo),

I'm more and more in need for some graph lib in smalltalk.
I need graphs to implement special bayesian networks (specific inference mechanisms which aren't probabilistic) and also influence diagrams [1], and maybe in the future, reliablity tools (markov chains, petri nets, ...)...

Do you know any existing smalltalk (open source) projects for graphs? I've only found [2] and [3] from 2005 but don't know them (they don't feel as generic as I would expect).

If not, do you know any open-source projects outside of Smalltalk that I may look at ?
I've found BGL (C++) [3] which was ported in Ruby (RGL) [4].
Does some of you know this lib ? Do you think it would be interesting to have an equivalent in Smalltalk ?

As usual, any comments/advises would be greatly appreciated ;-) ?

Cheers,

Cédrick

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influence_diagram
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/Graph