[squeak-dev] includes: does linear search for SortedCollection???????

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 17:11:33 UTC 2010

The main advantage of a sorted list is that binary search can be
performed on the list.
So I was surprised to find that the method SortedCollection>>includes:
(actually OrderedColection>includes:) does a linear search (Squeaks
10.2 and 4.1).

I suggest we implement a version of SortedCollection>>includes: that
runs in O(log n)
time.  I can write this if desired or just about anybody.

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Quantum Theory cannot save us from the tyranny of a deterministic universe
but it does give God something to do