[squeak-dev] [4.2] tests status

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 02:06:18 UTC 2010

Here are the results of running the tests in a 10802 image:

   2828 run, 2810 passes, 6 expected failures, 12 failures, 0 errors,
0 unexpected passes

The failed tests:

BecomeTest>>#testBecomeIdentityHash
DecompilerTests>>#testDecompileLoopWithMovingLimit
DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
MCDictionaryRepositoryTest>>#testCreationMethods
MCDirectoryRepositoryTest>>#testCreationMethods
MCPackageTest>>#testUnload
PackageDependencyTest>>#testMorphic
PackageDependencyTest>>#testSUnitGUI
TestURI>>#testDirWithHash

I've looked at two of them and.. I have no idea.  Especially curious
for me are the FileStreamTest and BecomeTest.  Strange, the code
hasn't changed since 4.1...

The possible outcomes for Squeak 4.2 are:

  a) I override #shouldPass to mark these tests as "expected failures".
  b) Volunteers fix the remaining tests within the next couple of days.
  c) Release 4.2 with yellow tests.
  d) Delay the 4.2 release and hope volunteers fix the remaining tests.
  e) ???

My top preference is (b) of course, but if that does not happen, then
(c) or (a).

  - Chris