[squeak-dev] [4.2] tests status

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Dec 23 08:51:16 UTC 2010

On 2010/12/23 02:06, Chris Muller wrote:
> Here are the results of running the tests in a 10802 image:
>
>     2828 run, 2810 passes, 6 expected failures, 12 failures, 0 errors,
> 0 unexpected passes
>
> The failed tests:
>
> BecomeTest>>#testBecomeIdentityHash
> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompileLoopWithMovingLimit
> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
> FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
> MCDictionaryRepositoryTest>>#testCreationMethods
> MCDirectoryRepositoryTest>>#testCreationMethods
> MCPackageTest>>#testUnload
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testMorphic
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testSUnitGUI
> TestURI>>#testDirWithHash
>
> I've looked at two of them and.. I have no idea.  Especially curious
> for me are the FileStreamTest and BecomeTest.  Strange, the code
> hasn't changed since 4.1...
>
> The possible outcomes for Squeak 4.2 are:
>
>    a) I override #shouldPass to mark these tests as "expected failures".
>    b) Volunteers fix the remaining tests within the next couple of days.

I have fixes for TestURI, DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClasses*
awaiting review in the Inbox.

It would be especially good for a non-Windows check of the fix I
proposed for TestURI, because the fix was uncommenting something that
someone had commented out for presumably good reason. (There's no
comment indicating what that reason might be though.)

frank