[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Cog VM app icon

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 21:45:12 UTC 2010

On 24 December 2010 22:30, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes. Pharo seems having nice icons
>>
>> I like the 'pharo-icon.icns' which can be found in:
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22309/pharo.zip
>>
>> But that is for Pharo.
>>
>> I think that Cog VM deserves to have own default icon.
>> And only if it packaged with some other stuff (like pharo-one-click)
>> it then could be changed
>> to something else like pharo icon.
>>
>> The only logo i found is on Eliot's blog page
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/images/LooneyCogSketchSolidSmall.gif
>>
>> But its dimensions is 125px × 145px
>>
>> It would be good have it in high res, like 512 × 512 (one of the Mac's
>> standard icon size)
>
> that would be my preference.  The Croquet icon came from the desire to brand Teleplace's Cog VM as a Croquet VM because we're using Croquet.  But if we're going to use a different icon I would very much like it to be derived from the looney gears CoG in a wheel idea.  It's distinctive and Cog is a good name for a VM (for lots of reasons).

So, do you have the original vector file(s) of it?

One of the reasons to have distinct icon is when you running multiple
images/vms, you can make a difference.

I think that with auto-build , we can even do a little trick, like add
a version subtitle to icon.
So, each distinct version build VM will have own original icon.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.