[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Files-ul.94.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Dec 26 02:22:06 UTC 2010

A new version of Files was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Files-ul.94.mcz

Name: Files-ul.94
Author: ul
Time: 26 December 2010, 3:21:18.153 am
UUID: 851c622a-7a38-9e40-9f13-ebe378e95d7b
Ancestors: Files-ul.93

- don't enable read buffering for stdio streams, because the underlying streams are intended to be shared by multiple image level streams

=============== Diff against Files-ul.93 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: StandardFileStream>>openOnHandle:name:forWrite: (in category 'open/close') -----
  openOnHandle: aFileID name: streamName forWrite: writeMode
  	"Initialize the file with the given handle. If writeMode is true then
  	 allow writing, otherwise put the file in read-only mode.
  	 N.B. Do _not_ register the stream.  We do not want it to be
  	 closed implicitly (e.g. on GC).  There may be multiple instances
+ 	 accessing the same stream, because of this we can't use image
+ 	level read buffering. The stream is not a file."
+
- 	 accessing the same stream.  The stream is not a file."
  	fileID := aFileID.
  	name := streamName.
  	rwmode := writeMode.
+ 	buffer1 := String new: 1!