[squeak-dev] Re: [4.2] tests status

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:28:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you update trunk to the latest you'll find an adaptation of
> > CroquetVMTests under the name of FloatConsistencyTest.
>
> thanks. I guess eliot compiles his VM's with no optimization. the test
> passes on his precompiled cog vm's on windows and linux

The Cog VM is compiled with -O2 apart from the Cogit and the FloatMathPlugin
which are both compiled with -O, the first for alloca issues, the second for
the aforementloned issues.  But I think Igor found that -O1 is not necessary
for Cogit and instead may be necessary for the heartbeat code.  In any case
the bulk of the VM is compiled with -O2.

best
Eliot