[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-nice.533.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Wed Dec 29 11:23:59 UTC 2010

A new version of Kernel was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-nice.533.mcz

Name: Kernel-nice.533
Author: nice
Time: 29 December 2010, 12:23:26.17 pm
UUID: 477d8325-a6e0-469f-a805-27e058d930fd
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.532

1) Let Behavior>>deepCopy return self, senders of deepCopy generally have no reason to copy a Behavior.
Moreover, the old code did a shallowCopy which is a non sense.

2) Make it explicit that veryDeepCopy does not copy any Behavior.
This was explicit for Metaclass, but implicit for Class (see Object>>#veryDeepInner: ), and undefined for Traits (they are not used, but who knows...).

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.532 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Behavior>>deepCopy (in category 'copying') -----
  deepCopy
+ 	"Behavior are shared rather than copied."
- 	"Classes should only be shallowCopied or made anew."

+ 	^ self!
- 	^ self shallowCopy!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Behavior>>veryDeepCopyWith: (in category 'copying') -----
+ veryDeepCopyWith: deepCopier
+ 	"Return self.  Must be created, not copied.  Do not record me."!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Metaclass>>veryDeepCopyWith: (in category 'copying') -----