[squeak-dev] Search Engine for Smalltalk Codes

Zhe-Xi Lim limzhexi at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:37:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am planning to implement a search engine just like Google to ease the
searching of smalltalk codes in Squeak. The current available search in
Squeak has drawbacks in the sense that it goes by the conventional way of
information retrieval. I would like to index all the classes, comments and
methods in Squeak image to provide an intelligent, faster and efficient way
of searching facility in Squeak. This will also help in promoting codes
re-usability in the development of Smalltalk.

And then I would like to know if there is a search engine or information
retrieval algorithms written in Smalltalk that already made available. If
there is such a routine in Smalltalk, could anyone show it to me so that
redundant work can be avoided?

Thanks.

Regards,
Zhe-Xi