[squeak-dev] Search Engine for Smalltalk Codes

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Fri Dec 31 07:56:28 UTC 2010

Hi Zhe-Xi,

In 2002 Scott A. Crosby implemented full text search for Squeak. Unfortunately it was never integrated and Scott left the community. See the following post:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-April/037964.html

If you search the mailing list for posts from around that time you will probably find more information.

The code seems to be on SqueakMap:
http://map.squeak.org/package/6e65267d-53e0-46b0-a4dd-7cb349e18f23
and on SqueakSource:
http://www.squeaksource.com/@Xjs1PWixYhd_s5Y1/nsS7RXdi

Most likely some work would be needed in order to make it run.

Cheers,
Bernhard