[squeak-dev] filtered menu in 3.11

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:07:34 UTC 2010

I've quickly noticed, getting around the menus in 3.11 isn't as quick
and easy as I had become used to in prior versions.

The last line of MenuMorph>>#displayFiltered: was commented out.

Wow, I'm the one who actually lobbied for this change back in 2003!

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-March/055659.html

and had been accepted since then all the way to 3.10.

I appreciate that, having been commented out instead of deleted, that
the issue is still open for discussion, great!  :)  So is there good
reason for not highlighting the first-matching item as the menu is
filtered?  Is it reasonable to make it into a Preference?

 - Chris