[squeak-dev] spelling corrections

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:19:31 UTC 2010

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:16:30 -0800
From: Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
Subject: [squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] System-StartUp-ShutDown
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list

keith wrote:
> What would you name the class which controls the "System", in terms of
> startUp/shutDown and saving the image, if you pulled that functionality
> out of Smalltalk? (Don't tell me, SmalltalkImage?)

StartupMananger. Class comment:

I am responsible for managing a registry of classes that are notified on
system startup and shutdown. Classes register themself by providing a

   (themselves)
priority denoteing how early they should be started. Known priorities are:
             (denoting)
xxx - Used by Delay. Should be the first class to start since otherwise
none of the timeing functions will work.
                   (timing)
(... more to come ...)

Cheers,
  - Andreas

I'm guessing your first language is not English, Andreas.
Rest assured though,  your English is better than my whatever
your first language is.

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Had a wife and kids in Florida, Jack (Nicklaus)
Went out for a "ride" but I couldn't get back