[squeak-dev] Modifier key events

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:17:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was fiddling with the docking bar's keyboard control, when bumped
into this problem:
Modifier keys are not handled uniformly on different vms [1].

This issue was disscussed not so long ago [2], but there were no conclusions.
It would be nice if event handling on different vms would converge.

Balázs

[1]
If I press and release the ctrl key on a 4.2.2beta1U mac vm, I get events like:
[436 at 515 436 at 515 mouseMove CTRL 3939704]
[436 at 515 436 at 515 mouseMove 3939788]

On a windows vm I get:
[keyDown '<Cmd->']
[keyUp '']

In the above thread it's said that no events are generated on Linux vms,
and this is the case with the 64-32 5.4b1 mac vm too.

[2] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-June/136491.html