[squeak-dev] [Cuis] System-StartupManager(alpha)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Feb 5 14:34:17 UTC 2010

keith wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Code exports from my Cuis2.0 image are available from my stable
> branch, in the CuisDevExport directory.
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekeithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision>
>
> The SystemManager is exported as a base class, and the implementation
> in the following 2 files:
>
> 1) CuisDevExport/updates-0bases/0001-StartupManager-base.st
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekeithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision/1/CuisDevExport/updates-0bases/0001-StartupManager-base.st#CuisDevExport/updates-0bases/0001-StartupManager-base.st>
> 2) CuisDevExport/updates-System-Support/0001-StartupManager-(startup-shutdown).st
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekeithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision/1/CuisDevExport/updates-System-Support/0001-StartupManager-%28startup-shutdown%29.st#CuisDevExport/updates-System-Support/0001-StartupManager-%28startup-shutdown%29.st>
>
> The reason for this split is that this same code could equally be
> deployed into SmalltalkImage, an existing class, so the actual
> implementation fileout (2) merely names its perquisite class, and
> interfaces like so.
>
> pkg requiresClass: StartupManager class interface: #(#current).
> pkg requiresObject: 'self systemNavigation' interface:
> #(#allClassesRespondingTo:do:)'.
> pkg systemProtocol: 'system-startup-shutdown'.
>
> This code should be image agnostic. The same code but with the
> integration patches needed to load it into Cuis2.0base are in the
> CuisDevLoad directory. Including.
>
> CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0005-SystemDictionary-allClassesRespondingTo:do:.st
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekeithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision/1/CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0005-SystemDictionary-allClassesRespondingTo%3Ado%3A.st#CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0005-SystemDictionary-allClassesRespondingTo:do:.st>
> CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0006-Object-systemNavigation.s
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekeithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision/1/CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0006-Object-systemNavigation.st#CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0006-Object-systemNavigation.st>t
>
> regards
>
> Keith
> =====
> The latest instructions for working on Cuis2.0 are here:
> http://launchpad.net/cuis
>
> Actual images are available:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/builds/files
>
> or
>
> bzr checkout --lightweight lp:/~keithy/cuis/builds

Hi Keith,

I think this work on startup and shutdown lists is great. I'll happy to
load it into Cuis.

Just a request. Please try to be clearer in your wording. Saying "The
latest instructions for working on Cuis2.0 are here:" or "Using the
Cuis2.0 kernel images form Juan Vuletich" might lead people to think
that this is the official release and release process for Cuis, or that
there are no other way to use the Cuis image. Being more explicit in
that this is the community collaboration process you suggest for Cuis
would be great.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich