[squeak-dev] Re: 3.11 - File List broken

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 11 17:46:54 UTC 2010

Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> Removing FileList/FileList2 then reloading them create obsolete references.
> Andreas did modify MC to take care not removing moved methods, we
> should do the same kind of trick for moved classes.

It's not applicable. My fix handled the situation where, after moving a
method from package OLD to package NEW, you'd load NEW and then OLD and
MC would remove the method from the image even though it was no longer
part of package OLD after loading package NEW. This doesn't happen with
classes (and never has).

The problem we're seeing here is simply that when you move classes from
OLD to NEW, loading OLD before NEW will the classes cause to be removed
and leaves obsolete behaviors around since re-adding the classes doesn't
resolve them. The only way to fix that is by either issuing a config map
which loads things in the right order (which I have done) or
alternatively recompiling everything via "Compiler compileAll".

Cheers,
   - Andreas