[squeak-dev] [ANN] [Cuis] Cuis 2.1 is available. Lots of cool stuff inside!

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:26:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Leandro <caniglia at dm.uba.ar> wrote:

> Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>

> You can also get the word based diff using TextDiffBuilder by subclassing
> it and overriding #split:. Actually ClassDiffBuilder does exactly this, so
> using ClassDiffBuilder instead of TextDiffBuilder will give you the expected
> result.
>

> I think that the difference with the implementation Valeria and I did is
> that ours switches from lines to words automatically. It also defines
> "words" as Smalltalk words, meaning that it understands keyword limits,
> which gives better results. The differentiator starts comparing lines, and
> if the proportion of line differences isn't too high, then it reutilizes the
> work already done (with lines) and refines it to get differences in between
> keywords. The refining strategy was crucial for achieving good performance.

What does it do with inst var names within strings as they appear in class
definitions, e.g. can they pick out the one work difference between these
two?

StackInterpreter subclass: #CoInterpreter
instanceVariableNames: 'cogit cogMethodZone inFullGC cogCodeSize
desiredCogCodeSize heapBase linkSends lastCoggableInterpretedBlockMethod
reenterInterpreter deferSmash deferredSmash traceLog traceLogIndex
traceSources cogCompiledCodeCompactionCalledFor statCodeCompactionCount
statCodeCompactionUsecs lastUncoggableInterpretedBlockMethod
processHasThreadId flagInterpretedMethods maxLiteralCountForCompile'
classVariableNames: 'CSCallbackEnter CSCallbackLeave CSCheckEvents
CSEnterCriticalSection CSExitCriticalSection CSOwnVM CSResume CSSignal
CSSuspend CSThreadSchedulingLoop CSWait CSYield HasBeenReturnedFromMCPC
TraceBlockActivation TraceBlockCreation TraceBufferSize TraceCodeCompaction
TraceContextSwitch TraceFullGC TraceIncrementalGC TraceIsFromInterpreter
TraceIsFromMachineCode TraceSources'
poolDictionaries: 'VMStackFrameOffsets CogMethodConstants'
category: 'VMMaker-JIT'

StackInterpreter subclass: #CoInterpreter
instanceVariableNames: 'cogit cogMethodZone inFullGC cogCodeSize
desiredCogCodeSize heapBase lastCoggableInterpretedBlockMethod