[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Collections-ar.307.mcz

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 04:16:48 UTC 2010

El dom, 14-02-2010 a las 19:44 -0800, Andreas Raab escribió:
> Hi Miguel -
>
> Having packages for individual classes with 13 methods total is
> pointless. The granularity simply makes no sense. Plus, Generators are
> core facilities in my understanding and consequently belong to the other
> core stream and collection classes.

My question stands, who decides what is big enough to be candidate to be
separately packaged? If they were 13 methods but 2 classes they will be
integrated packaged in squeak trunk? What about a class with 400
methods? This is subjective?
Who decides to simply merge it in another package that it is big enough,
but not loadable separately (yes, I know that maybe is impossible to
separate collections and maybe also pointless because of their core
nature)?

I also asked, what about future modifications/fixes/enhancements to
Generator class, how will they be integrated in both squeak and lukas
repo?

Finally your "are core facilities in my understanding" isn't very
encouraging for the community.

Just wanted to know the criteria to merge some external code in the base
image and this last sentence makes it very clear to me.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx