Hi Chris, stop messing with the windows please (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.344.mcz)

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:20:05 UTC 2010

I'm running Squeak on an Eee 1005HAB (the latest,) and once I got
Windows 7 Started Edition off it (seriously? DRM on the desktop
wallpaper?) in favour of Ubuntu Netbook Remix, it makes a damned fine
modern Interim Dynabook.

Screen real estate, it doesn't have. We should keep in mind the idea
of a small, portable machine that can change minds and thus, the
future. That said, we should also be careful about changing things
that developers have come to expect about their interactions with the
system.

Chris: awesome! Window clutter is a living hell on a small screen. I
like this much better.

rado: thanks for reminding us that we should tread carefully when we
make assumptions about the way that people interact with the system.

Balázs: thanks for putting in a preference and defaulting it to the
classic behavior! I think this is a very responsible decision.

Everyone wins:)

--
Ron