[squeak-dev] Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-9371-alpha.zip)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:25:12 UTC 2010

2010/2/15 Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>:
> My bad English don't helped again, I should said "uncoordinated"
> instead "independent" ....

Yes, that's more or less what it is, uncoordinated.
You may think in term of a swarm of individuals following their own goals.
However, not every change might be accepted, and this creates a
cohesion of the swarm.
So what you can observe at a macroscopic level is the motion of the ensemble.
You cannot control how it moves, you can only try and participate.
You can also coordinate your work locally if you want it and  find
someone that share some goals.
You'll probably observe some kind of nonformal pair programming if you
analyse trunk changes carefully.
Also, you'll probably adhere to some of the individual goals like
having a faster VM, unloadable modules, cleaner and more robust kernel
libraries...

Of course, if you've got plenty of money and know exactly where you
want to go, then you can hire plan and control...
That's currently not how Squeak works.

Nicolas