[squeak-dev] a little more due process

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Feb 16 15:09:10 UTC 2010

Recently an op got irritated enough with keithy to ban him from the
#squeak IRC channel, without much warning or community discussion.
Unfortunately I believe such a unilateral ban creates "bad karma" that
damages #squeak and Squeak in non-obvious ways.

There are less harmful alternatives (eg: a more deliberate ban;
training ourselves not to feed rants; or just accepting that #squeak
may become unusable for an hour or two now and then). So, I feel this
particular ban should end or at least be ratified by discussion/vote
here on the list.