Hi Chris, stop messing with the windows please (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.344.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:10:59 UTC 2010

Dear Dr. Smokey,

> While I use the Package browser most of all, sometimes I just need to
> know what the heck the parent to a particular function is. There, only
> a hierarchy browser will do.

Or, you can select the (i)nheritance option from the methods list.

> And sometimes if I'm following two or
> three threads of code, then I expect I'd probably use two or three
> hierarchy browsers, just to keep all the code sane. Hey, I've got two
> screens, I can span all windows over both screens.
> And is of no use when you want to compare two hierarchies side by
> side. If your piece of code is in action, then to get a second
> hierarchy browser, I'd have to have TWO package browsers open, and
> select a hierarchy browser from each of them. That makes for a total
> of ... gee, four windows already.

No, opening a second package browser has no effect on the behavior;
e.g., it would not spawn a second hierarchy browser using the browse
command, because the existing one meets the critieria, it would simply
re-top that one.

Any window is easily duplicated in Squeak via the "duplicate" halo
command.  Just use that to look at multiple codes side-by-side.

 - Chris