[squeak-dev] Re: a little more due process

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 06:36:02 UTC 2010

The fact remains that the first I had ever heard of the trunk
development model was the day you released it.Secondly I was actively
working every day up until that point, I even posted publically
viewable videos in the days prior to your announcement. All work that
has been wasted.

If I had had a wiff of the idea I would have told you from the start
that it is fundamentally flawed and contrary to everything previously
discussed.  I say again - we do not want another squeak fork.

We already had a repository squeaksource/311 and a means to make
contributions via monticello. You would submit a monticello package
with only your changes in it, and we have a script that flattens that
change into the image just as if it were a changeset.

I just imagine the pains you have behind the scenes to mangle
difficult changes through your updates system.

Keith