[squeak-dev] Re: FFI cleanup

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 17:10:28 UTC 2010

Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Unfortunately you removed "FFI-Examples-ar.1" from the repository
> which broke my builds! We should take care with removing packages
> from SqS repos - others may rely on them. The repo looks cleaner
> now - but that's not what I would call backward compatible ;)

Oops, I'm sorry for causing this problem. Actually, this package was
obsolete since 2005 but back then I couldn't remove it since our SS
version did not support removals at that time. When I was adding some
stuff a couple of days ago I noticed these ancient versions and decided
to nuke them, not thinking anyone relied on those. Sorry for that.

>> if that doesn't help check (Smalltalk specialObjectsArray copyFrom: 44 to: >48) which should say #(ExternalAddress ExternalStructure ExternalData >ExternalFunction ExternalLibrary).
>
> Would it make sense to have this in a unit test too?

Even better, it should make it into the FFI initialization itself.

Cheers,
   - Andreas