[squeak-dev] I Want Keith Hodges Banned

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Wed Feb 17 20:01:16 UTC 2010

At 8:47 PM +0100 2/17/10, Michael Haupt apparently wrote:
>Ken,
>
>On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
>> It certainly isn't. If you will check your 'who said what, I believe you will find:
>>
>> it wasn't Keith calling Germans Dictators,
>>
>> Keith said:
>> "In case you were not aware, some current board members believe that this is a dictatorship and that this is how things are supposed to be run."
>>
>> It was Randal Schwartz, a board member, stating on #squeak irc that:
>> "16:58:07 <RandalSchwartz> at some point, it's a dictatorship.  perhaps you never liked that."
>
>I guess that's not the incident that was referred to. More likely,
>it'll have been this one (just for the record):
>
>-----
>To the board:
>
>~ Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way
>it kills them. - Satre
>
>regards
>
>victim number 2
>-----
>
>... as of January 23rd. I would not have referred to the incident as
>"obscene", had I not remembered it.
>
>It is correct that Keith did not directly call any German a dictator
>in that message. The reference was thus not accurate, but you cannot
>deny such things have been said.
>
>Best,
>
>Michael

I agree many nasty things have been said, a really good example: someone apparently said "I Want Keith Hodges Banned".
And even more importantly, one needs to look at what has been done.
You remember the old saying I'm sure, something like "Your actions speak so loudly that I can no longer hear what you are saying."

Ken G. Brown