[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2010!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Feb 17 23:14:56 UTC 2010

Dear Squeakers,

Approximately one year has passed and it is hight time for us to kick
another Squeak Oversight Board Election into gear!

Every year we elect the SOB (Squeak Oversight Board) consisting of seven
members from our community. The current board is:

	http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/Board

The schedule and process of the Election is as follows:

*** Now through 3rd March: Nominations of SOB members and campaigning!

Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the
squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that
person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate
list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run.

*** 3rd March: The candidate list is finalized.

*** 3rd March to 10th March: Continued campaigning period

During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on
squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask
questions.

*** 10th March 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election starts

The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email.
And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)

*** 17th March 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election ends

Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.

--------------------------

If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the voter list,
no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:

     * Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker
sends an email to voters at squeak.org giving me name and email for you -
then I will add you.

     * Send an email to voters at squeak.org yourself (and CC to squeak-dev
if you like) with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed
serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't
have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw
that up, you will probably be added.

When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with
instructions and a link to the voting website.

If there are any further questions, just reply *in this thread* and I
will closely track it - or send email to voters at squeak.org which points
to me.

Everything about the election, including schedule above and more, can be
tracked here:

     http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6150

...so let's get cracking!

regards, Göran Krampe