[squeak-dev] Financial questions

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 18 00:37:45 UTC 2010

On 18.02.2010, at 01:14, Raymond Asselin wrote:
> Hi all,
> This message to let you know that there is, actually, no way to help gathering money for Squeak.
> Hi tried recently to buy a Squeak badge to help the community but links , link to ESUG. So I used Paypal
> to buy the badge. Few days later I received a mail from Paypal with this remark from ESUG:
>
> "Dear Raymond, ESUG does not handle donations to Squeak Foundation any more. Regards, Noury"
>
> Just to let everybody know this situation, hoping that there will be a 'correctif' sometimes.
>
> Ray

We discussed this in today's Board meeting and are sending a message to ESUG asking for clarification. We are very happy ESUG handled donations for Squeak in the past, and would like them to continue until we are set up to receive them ourselves (which is one big motivation of joining the SFC).

- Bert -