[squeak-dev] I Want Keith Hodges Banned

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:38:05 UTC 2010

> I think that main issue why Chris wants Keith banned is not his
> position and opinion,
> but his continuous and repetituous attacks on a single subject.
>
> With all respect to Keith, and his position, i don't understand why i
> need to read the same things over and over again,
> why i need to waste time explaining my own position over and over
> again.
> For intelligent/wise people its usually takes 1 or 2 attempts to
> understand something. You either understand it, or not and then based
> on outcome you either sharing the same thoughts with others or just
> leave things as it, because you can't understand or disagree.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

And the continuation of this discussion is needed and will go on
forever until the board gets "terms of reference" and goes back to
being an "oversight" committee rather than acting like and believing
they are dictators.

See I said it again... I did not mention Germans... I mentioned
dictators, and I quoted Satre, go and look the word up in the
dictionary.

I will not be making any further contribution until the board has
terms of reference.

I have left this community.

I will not be running for the board or voting for the board.

All my projects published on squeaksource are no longer maintained
unless I need to fix them for commercial reasons. The reason for this
is that it is impossible to maintain and test packages for all forks,
if it works it works, if it doesn't work for your context then you
have to fix it for your context. The context (image) I am using to
develop things is not the same image you are using, so because there
is no universally useful testing framework for making sure everything
is ok in all forks. We had that vision, we don't any more. The process
of actually maintaining a cross-fork package is not supported by any
tools or political will to make tools, so it is only fair to say that
nothing is supported, because I don't have time, and no-one is paying
me to support your fork, (which includes trunk)

Incidentally I am also moving away from dependence on squeaksource and
monticello so you probably will not even find my future code, because
there is no framework for publishing what is available in my context,
so that you can see it might be useful in your context. So it would be
unfair of me to tell you that my projects are supported, if they are
only supported in an image I have control over, which is the truth.

I am ONLY here because Cuis is here, I am not in #squeak irc any more,
because I wont be treated like that again. There is now a #cuis room
too.

If cuis gets its own mailing list I will go there.

Squeak is not a viable basis for comerical work since the "community"
is too unstable, and the code base is out of your control. If you bet
the house on it, someone will knock your house down (you have been
warned)

Manifesto for Cuis based development coming up...

Keith