[squeak-dev] The Japanese version of ESUG flyer update to Rev.82,
and how about ...
mutoh at openedu.org
Sat Feb 20 03:58:23 UTC 2010
Hi, Squeakers and Smalltalkers!!
Now, I update the Japanese version of ESUG flyer to English version
Rev.82 for the event named OSC 2010/Tokyo Spring.
- (In Japanese) http://www.ospn.jp/osc2010-spring/
Umezawa-san will open a booth as Smalltalk-users.jp and distribute
It's at here:
In Japanese version, I add some Japanese contents like some books, and
some links. Is it Ok?
Now, SML ML and Squeak-ja ML members check my translation.
We will fix this event version of flyer at 2010/02/22 22:22:22;-)
They think that how about update English version.
- How about including Pharo and VWNC links in "Internet" section?
Yoshiki-san give me some comment below, and I think that almost of all
are good comment for the English version of ESUG flyer.
- Is it correct to say the "creation" of Smalltalk is in "the early
- It reads a bit awkward to name applications made about 10 to 5
years ago and say they are "current applications" and "advancing
the state of software".
- Sophie went on to Java, and Scratch is going on to
ActionScript/Flash. It would be better to mention Teleplace but
- It would be good to mention Jun.
- The description of the "Image" uses two "contains" and confusing a
bit; it is not clear that image "is" the environment and consists
of these things.
- "debugging while it is executing" should not a part of the description
of the "Image".
- Saying that a virtual machine is "a program which (?) ... executes
other programs" is a bit too vague. I think that the description
for the virtual machine should go the along the line of "a virtual
machine is a machine, but happened to be done in software", and
not limited to executing programs but accessing other virtual
- Since there are languages with the type inference, "the developer ...
indicate the type is not a good explanation of static typing. And
whether code is reusable or not is a big problem; explaining it
only from the static/dynamic typing POV seems over controversial.
- In "Events", perhaps the Smalltalks event in Argentina may be a
- On the back side, "Reserved characters" look odd. Rather it is
part of syntax?
Thanks in advance.
Takeshi MUTOH <mutoh at openedu.org>
More information about the Squeak-dev