[squeak-dev] Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:04:34 UTC 2010

Hi Edgar!

2010/2/21 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>

> On 2/21/10 9:21 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
> > One of the jobs of the release manager would be to determine which of the
> bugs
> > are blockers for the release. They could be tagged on Mantis, maybe
> create a
> > report showing all of them, and then we can work steadily towards fixing
> those
> > issues.
> >
> > - Bert -
>

> The release manager send friendly responses to two super Squeakers saying
> they wish help.
>
> Also to two who do not say , but I need they could help.
>
> Silence...
>
> And the release manager beg Board say
>
> "Well the 9371 is the last 3.11 until further notice, you could consider it
> the  end of this phase, no more new things, no more changes until you happy
> all works and user do not go away after the n + 1 crash "
>
> I send a proposal about Mendieta.
>
> Having some coming from my wild experiments working, say some yesterday in
> IRC.
>
> Feedback, please feedback.
>

> On Skype and on IRC as edgardec until 12:30 Argentina (two more hours)
>
> Edgar

I also think that the current 3.11 (or the new name it will have) should be
freezed at some point,
without new additions.

But, and sorry if I'm so repetitive, can't understand how Shout is being
used on it.

The class browser show the highlighted syntax, but if you check on Universes
(in Category "Code Browsing") the main Shout package is not installed.

I would understand how is implemented Shout in 3.11, because if you install
the
Shout Workspace not works and neither the Shout-Monticello.

Cheers.
Germán.