[squeak-dev] OCompletion don't works on trunk image

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Feb 21 16:35:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Germán Arduino wrote:

> 2010/2/21 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>:
>> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to check the dev tools I used to use on a daily basis, and
>>> OCompletion don't works
>>> neither in trunk.
>>>
>>> After install it from Universes, opening a workspace and trying to
>>> type something I get:
>>
>> I still think that you shouldn't use Universes, since it's mostly abandoned.
>>

> Is a great loss not be able to use Universes. That means, between
> other things, that
> one must figure out dependencies of the packages.
>
> And, if Universes is abandoned, what is the reason to maintain it on the image?

It's not officially abandoned, I guess it's up to us to decide what to do
with it. Some packages are still working, so it still has some value.

>>> SmalltalkEditor(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #model
>>
>> Let's face it, developers who only use Pharo don't care about Squeak, though
>> there are people, who try to fix things, with some success.
>>
>> To load OCompletion to a trunk image, do this:
>> (Installer ss project: 'OCompletion')
>>        install: 'OCLoader';
>>        install: 'Ocompletion' "For the latest version"
>>

> I was talking about this, how I can figure out that I need to build
> this script to install OCompletion?

Ask the package maintainer to provide installation instructions.

>> This will load Shout which has conflicts with Shout-Core (Trunk images use
>> Shout-Core), so later updates to the Shout-Core package will require
>> merging.
>>

> Understand. This is the reason that Shout Wksp/Monticello not works
> neither (as I asked in another mail)?

Probably yes, though there may be other reasons. We should provide a way
to have a Workspace with syntax highlighting. I think it's easy to do it
if someone knows how Shout-Core works.

Levente