[squeak-dev] OCompletion don't works on trunk image

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:09:12 UTC 2010

2010/2/21 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Germán Arduino wrote:

>>> I still think that you shouldn't use Universes, since it's mostly
>>> abandoned.
>>>

>> Is a great loss not be able to use Universes. That means, between
>> other things, that
>> one must figure out dependencies of the packages.
>>
>> And, if Universes is abandoned, what is the reason to maintain it on the
>> image?
>>

> It's not officially abandoned, I guess it's up to us to decide what to do
> with it. Some packages are still working, so it still has some value.

mm, I personally think that a tool works or not......I means, the fact of
having some packages working and others not is confusing.

>>> This will load Shout which has conflicts with Shout-Core (Trunk images
>>> use
>>> Shout-Core), so later updates to the Shout-Core package will require
>>> merging.
>>>

>> Understand. This is the reason that Shout Wksp/Monticello not works
>> neither (as I asked in another mail)?
>
> Probably yes, though there may be other reasons.

> We should provide a way to
> have a Workspace with syntax highlighting.

+1111111111111111111111

> I think it's easy to do it if
> someone knows how Shout-Core works.

Not me. Until the moment I saw Shout-Core on trunk I ever installed Shout from
Code Browsing categories and next Shout-Wksp/Monticello and never had
a problem.

Cheers.
Germán.