[squeak-dev] Re: Towards Squeak 4.0 [help needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 11:26:41 UTC 2010

Ronald Spengler wrote:
> I need a list of requirements if I'm going to lead anything (I don't
> know exactly what must be done.) I'd consider it, but I need to make
> sure I can get it done before I say yes to that.

Just like I said earlier, the list of requirements is very short. We need:
- A version that has the identical code to 3.10.2 and ONLY the code from
3.10.2 since this is what we have discussed with SFC (requires
condensing sources)
- The image must have proper licensing information and let people know
about what happened (i.e., that it's a relicensed version of 3.10.2)
- The image should be packaged properly for the various platforms

That's about all that comes to mind in terms of requirements. Randal -
are there any other requirements you can think of?

Cheers,
   - Andreas