[squeak-dev] Re: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 11:30:35 UTC 2010

Chris Muller wrote:
>> This is part two of two about upcoming releases. Besides the 4.0 release we
>> need to get ready for a release from the trunk. If you look at rather long
>> list of improvements this is a good time to get a release out.
>
> Yes, but there are still some basic things we should try to fix
> shouldn't we?

Absolutely. As usual, the point of getting into "release mode" is that
you stop just adding more stuff which potentially destabilize things and
rather try to polish the release by fixing all the little nit-picks that
have gone unfixed thus far.

BTW, the best way to ensure the things you care about do get fixed is to
file a bug with a test. The bug ensures the issue doesn't get forgotten
for the release, the test ensures no regressions.

Cheers,
   - Andreas