[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-edc.261.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Feb 24 15:22:50 UTC 2010

On 24.02.2010, at 11:30, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 2/24/10 8:50 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
>> That should be
>>
>> packName := req url copyAfterLast: $/
>>
>> Please don't open-code the great collection methods we have.
>>
>> - Bert -
>>

> Ok.
>
> I do not put more in trunk.

Huh, having a bad day? I have no intention of stopping you from committing to trunk. But wouldn't you agree that learning a better way to code is more efficient in the long run? Advise by experienced developers used to be appreciated here (remember Dan's "terseman" quips?).

In any case, I looked at this. Why do you want CodeLoader to load mcz and sar files? We have Installer, why is this needed?

In fact, this bypasses the SecurityManager in #installSourceFile:, which opens a big security hole. I guess this is unintentional, so what do you actually need this for?

- Bert -