[squeak-dev] Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 17:28:09 UTC 2010

Balázs Kósi wrote:
> You need to open a new snapshot browser after installing the package,
> because styling is enabled when building the browser. (It uses a
> PluggableTextMorphPlus instead of a PluggableTextMorph).

Still no success. And that seems correct to me - the code path taken
appears to be going through MCTool>>buildWith: which calls textMorph: on
an instance of MCToolWindowBuilder and not the tool. So your override is
never being triggered from what I can see. To illustrate, here's the
call stack after selecting a package and do "browse":

MCSnapshotBrowser(Object)>>halt
MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>buildWith:
MorphicToolBuilder(ToolBuilder)>>build:
MorphicToolBuilder>>open:
ToolBuilder class>>open:
[] in MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifPresent:
MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>browseWorkingCopy

Cheers,
   - Andreas