[squeak-dev] Installer vs. CodeLoader (was: The Trunk: Collections-edc.314.mcz)

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 25 16:48:55 UTC 2010

These are excellent definitions.  Someone should put them on a web page so
we can just cite them instead of repeating them.

Note that kernel < core < build < basic < developer < max  while basic < web
< max and I suppose basic < fun < max

Note also that max might not load.  Also, we might eventually decide that if
we have one, we don't need another.  For example, perhaps if we have core
and some good scripts for building images, we don't need build.  But I bet
that for each image, there will be somebody who will want it.

it seems to me like 4.0 is more like basic.  Is that true?  What will 4.1 be
like?