[squeak-dev] Re: Where is there a working Squeak VM?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:13:59 UTC 2010

Chris Muller said:

>* >Frankly, this is all seriously cheesey.  Please, if we haven't*>* >already, can we make available a separately downloadable VM for*>* >*Squeak*.  I would even suggest that we make it downloadable from*>* >squeak.org.  Who is in charge of this?*

*David T. Lewis said: *It sounds like we need clearer links from
squeak.org to the relevant
VM pages. We have a Squeak 4.0 release right around the corner, and
that's probably the right time to do the updates.

Ken has changed the squeak.org homepage to announce the impending
Squeak 4.0 license. The links to the VMs for Squeak are in two places
AFAIK. The first is on the homepage in a links box on the left. A
second is if you go to the Other Downloads page, you can find a link
there. Neither of them suggest to me their importance very well. I
have webmaster access to squeak.org. Do people like the existing links
to the VM downloads, and if not, then where would they a like a link?
It seems to me a single location pointing both to John's Mac VMs and
the squeakvm.org VMs is required.

Chris

(Chuck Norris could kick Bruce Schneier's ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE )