[squeak-dev] Re: vote for me, but beware!

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 20:07:34 UTC 2010

Hi Jecel -

Nice job laying out the issues. Personally, I don't see any conflict in
what you're describing (and of course, if forking were a criteria for
exclusion I wouldn't be here :-) but it's always good to be clear on the
issues.

Forks actually serve an important purpose. They allow people to
experiment down certain paths without having to compromise. The result
is much more comprehensive view of what they're trying to achieve. If
you look at Cuis, Cobalt, or Pharo, you can see very clearly how they're
different and how they're not. It is up to us to decide how much of each
we'd like to integrate in the end.

It's good to have you with us.

Cheers,
   - Andreas