[squeak-dev] vote for me, but beware!

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Feb 25 20:46:06 UTC 2010

Thanks, Andreas and Igor for the kind words. I agree, which is why I
decided to run. But it is important for people to be aware of the issues
and see if they are ok with it.

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Who knows, maybe your path will brings us many benefits. And anyways,
> you can't force people to use your software, be you board member or
> not. It is always up to their choice :)

Indeed, which is why though I tried very hard to have the debate on
Terms of Reference (once before the last election and another try after
you brought Keith's proposal to this list), my vote was against it. The
community is small and limiting the board to those who aren't pushing in
a particular technical direction seems counter productive. And I don't
see this separation in other open source communities.

-- Jecel