[squeak-dev] vote for me, but beware!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 26 02:29:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 04:54:46PM -0200, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
> With this email, I am announcing that I am running for the 2010 Squeak
> board. I had considered not doing do due to a potential conflict of
> interest (which I will describe below), but then decided that it would
> be better to just warn you and let you decide for yourself.

Squeak should nurture and encourage forks that explore new directions,
whether they are oriented to educating children, providing better
professional development tools, or extending concepts of shared object
memory. This is not a conflict of interest, especially since you have
clearly articulated your understanding of the competing goals. Thank
you for offering to serve on the board.

Dave