[squeak-dev] Re: SystemChangeNotifier and Announcements

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:20:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

> I would be happy to help with reimplementing SystemChangeNotifier using it.
I've actually started this. My plan is that:

 - In the first turn we create SystemChangeAnnouncer which mimics
SystemChangeNotifer workings, and Announcement classes [1] mimicking
AbstractEvents.

 - If this is all done, we replace the SystemChangeNotifier unique
instance with a SystemChangeAnnouncer instance.

 - Finally we start to rewrite SystemChangeNotifier usages, e.g.
breaking up the big #event: methods
to more fine grained subscriptions.

If I am getting anywhere, i'll upload it to the AXAnnouncements repo.
Anybody interested in this? What do you think about the approach?

Balázs

[1] First stab at the announcement hierarchy combining all changeKinds
with their supportedKinds in AbstarctEvent subclasses:
SystemChanged
  CategoryChanged
     CategoryAdded
     CategoryModified